Too often, we are so engaged and at full throttle with all that’s going in our lives that we forget to take time for ourselves and practice self-care. During the school year, I’m focused on student achievement, mastery of goals, professional development, meeting deadlines, stressing about high stakes testing, coordinating events, and the list goes on and on.
This summer I’m taking deliberate action to implement self-care.
Here is a list of some of the self-care behaviors I’ve been practicing…
- No rushing to do anything
- Increasing my water intake
- Staying away from negative conversations
- Trying out a steam inhaler to soothe my vocal cords
- Giving out the Silent Treatment
- Adding in healthy foods
- Body massages
- Essential oil treatment for my scalp and hair
- Catching up with my reading
- Spending time with relatives
- Long conversations with friends at breakfasts and lunches
- Work related workshops to upgrade my skills
- Appointments with doctors
- Nurturing an attitude of gratitude
- Starting AND completing small projects in the home (things I’ve been putting off)
- Nurturing friendships and relationships
- Shopping for shoes
- Organizing my study
- Trying out stretching exercises from Youtube
- Practicing my public speaking skills
- Keeping a calm, even temperament
Would you like to share some of your self-care behaviors?
Thank you for visiting!
Here’s a photo (taken mid-sentence) as I practiced my public speaking skills.