I’ve been organizing my study, packing away books, tossing things out, and basically doing boring stuff for the past few days. However, on Thursday, I took on a fun project. I re-purposed an old globe. I created a planter that is now a “world class” one among the few that we have around our home.
Last week’s: Photo challenge- Off-season. summer can be an off-season time for school, but now with my re-purposed globe planter, we can all learn a little something from it.
Steps to make the globe planter:
- Mark the area that you want to cut with a permanent marker.
- Get an old knife with a pointy tip.
- Light a candle and heat the tip of the knife.
- Insert the heated knife on the line you drew. The heat melts the thick plastic material.
- Repeat step 4 until the top of the globe is off.
- Place a plant in the planter.
- Admire your re-purposed globe!
Additional things I need to do:
- Paint the bottom of the base, so it doesn’t rust.
- Make holes in the bottom of the globe to let out water.
Thank you for stopping by!