“Take a deep breath, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again.” ~ Frank Sinatra
Stress happens. For some, stress is an iron chain around the neck that keeps them immobile and for others it is simply an occurrence that they work through or doesn’t affect them at all. A personal example – my mom wears the chain and my dad does not even know the word!
Did you know that April is Stress Awareness month? I didn’t until a few days ago. What is one of the biggest stressors in my life? Change. I like to say that I embrace change, but that is not entirely accurate. I often deny and fight it before accepting it. How do I manage my stress? Here are a few things I do in no particular order…
- Talk to a friend
- Read – book, article, blog posts etc.
- Go for a walk
- Count my blessings
- Eat something sweet
- Take deep breaths
- Find something to laugh about
- Look at my photo albums or my digital photos on my computer
- Express and show gratitude
- Remind myself that each day is a gift – it is made up of dual experiences
- Give myself a pep talk
- Make a declaration such as, “today I am going to have a great day”
- Accept that changes are necessary shifts in life. Shift happens!
How do you handle stress that comes your way?
Have a stress-free week!